Tracker Public Live Demo – Change Management
NetResults Tracker is very flexible and can be customized to fit virtually any workflow and tracking requirements. This demo presents a site tailored for a Change Management process.
This demo describes a fairly simple change management scheme. By logging in as the various users of the system, you can obtain a feel for how the system works for each individual in the process.
About this Demo
- Start your Demo Evaluation Now
- Workflow and Users in this Demo
- Things to Note while trying out this Demo
- Restrictions Configured onto this Demo
Start your Demo Evaluation Now
To start your evaluation:
- Click on a button below to log into a demo site as the desired user. A new browser window will be created.
- It will contain the NetResults Tracker login web page with the User ID and password already filled in, just click on the Login button.
- When you are done using the system as that user, click on the Logoff icon at the top of your web page, then return to this window to try out the system as another user.
- Each user session is set to time out after 20 minutes.
Change Management Demo Site 1 - No Admin Login Allowed
Admin not allowed on this site so that users can use the system without unexpected changes occurring in workflow, schema or user databases.
Change Management Demo Site 2 - Admin Login Allowed
Workflow and Users in this Demo
The primary workflow used by this demo looks like this:
Pending Approval > Approved > In Process > Implemented > In Test > Tested > Released
There following organizations are involved in the process:
- Change Review Board - reviews change requests submitted for approval (the Change Board is comprised of the managers from all departments)
- Development - responsible for implementing approved change requests
- QA - responsible for testing the implementation
- Build - responsible for putting the implemented requests into a build
Within each organization, the following users are defined (you can log in as any of these users):
|Change Review Board||bld_mgr - Build Manager
dev_mgr - Development Manager
qa_mgr - QA Manager
process_mgr - Process Manager
|Development||dev_mgr - Development Manager
dev_one, dev_two - Developers
|QA||qa_mgr - QA Manager
qa_one, qa_two - QA Engineers
|Build||bld_mgr - Build Manager|
The password for each user is the same as the User ID. Feel free to log in as each user and perform normal operations.
Things to Note while trying out this Demo
- After logging in, you are presented with a "home" page that summarizes the cases either submitted by the user, or assigned to the user or pending review by the Change Board. Each user can select the reports to be displayed on their Home Page by clicking on the "Preferences" link in the upper right corner of the Home Page.
- Use the Add button to create a new case.
- Use the Task button to advance the state of a case. This allows each person assigned to a case to enter the correct information after completing their assigned task without any specific knowledge of the workflow as a whole.
- The workflow is set up so that when one individual marks a task complete, it is automatically assigned to a state manager based on the selection made in the Product field of a record.
- Tracker allows limiting access to function by user group. For example, the Manager users are allowed to edit the fields of a case, but regular and external users are not.
- Each user can define their own saved queries and report layouts. They can also use the saved queries defined for any user group of which they are a member.
Restrictions Configured onto this Demo
This site is being used by many evaluators. To minimize conflict between users, the following features have been disabled or modified:
- Email is not actually sent for email, alerts, and discussion notifications.
- You cannot upload any file attachments.
- You cannot change the database type (it is always Microsoft Access).
- You cannot use the Maintenance functions.
- You cannot access the Workgroup Management System (WMS).
- You cannot access the User Management System (UMS).
- You cannot change any user passwords.
- The contents of the database are reset every night.