Tracker Public Live Demo – Product Development
NetResults Tracker is very flexible and can be customized to fit virtually any workflow and bug record requirements. This demo currently presents a site tailored for a traditional product development process.
This demo describes a fairly simple traditional product development scheme. By logging in as the various users of the system, you can obtain a feel for how the system works for each individual in the development process.
About this Demo
- Start your Demo Evaluation Now
- Workflow and Users in this Demo
- Things to Note while trying out this Demo
- Restrictions Configured onto this Demo
Start your Demo Evaluation Now
To start your evaluation:
- Click on a button below to log into a demo site as the desired user. A new browser window will be created.
- It will contain the NetResults Tracker login web page with the User ID and password already filled in, just click on the Login button.
- When you are done using the system as that user, click on the Logoff icon at the top of your web page, then return to this window to try out the system as another user.
- Each user session is set to time out after 20 minutes.
Product Demo Site 1 - No Admin Login Allowed
Admin not allowed on this site so that users can use the system without unexpected changes occurring in workflow, schema or user databases.
Product Demo Site 2 - Admin Login Allowed
Product Demo Site 3 - Admin Login Allowed
Product Demo Site 4 - Admin Login Allowed
Workflow and Users in this Demo
The primary workflow used by this demo looks like this:
Reported > Scheduled > In Development > Fixed > In Test > Tested > Released > Closed
There are four organizations involved in the process:
- QA - responsible for testing and reporting bugs
- Development - responsible for fixing bugs
- Build - responsible for putting fixes into the software build
- Restricted - external customers or partner company that wish to report bugs and check on status
Within each organization, the following users are defined (you can log in as any of these users):
|QA||qa_mgr - QA Manager
qa_one, qa_two - QA Engineers
|Development||process_mgr - Process Manager
dev_mgr - Development Manager
dev_one, dev_two - Development Engineers
|Build||bld_mgr - Build Manager|
|Restricted||res_three, res_four - Customers or Partners|
The password for each user is the same as the User ID. Feel free to log in as each user and perform normal operations.
Things to Note while trying out this Demo
- After logging in, you are presented with a "home" page that summarizes the records either submitted by the user, or those assigned to the user.
- Use the Task button to advance the state of a record. This allows each person assigned to a record to enter the correct information after completing their assigned task without any specific knowledge of the workflow as a whole.
- The workflow is set up so that when one individual marks a task complete, it is automatically assigned to a manager, who then assigns it to an individual for actual handling. In this scheme the manager need only log in to see what records he/she must assign to individuals for processing.
- NetResults Tracker allows limiting access to records. For example, in this demo the Restricted users are only allowed to see those records that they have submitted.
- NetResults Tracker allows limiting access to function by user group. For example, the Manager users are allowed to edit the fields of a record, but regular and restricted users are not.
- Each user can define their own saved queries and report layouts. They can also use the saved queries defined for any user group of which they are a member.
Restrictions Configured onto this Demo
This site is being used by many evaluators. To minimize conflict between users, the following features have been disabled or modified:
- Email is not actually sent for email, alerts, and discussion notifications.
- You cannot upload any file attachments.
- You cannot change the database type (it is always Microsoft Access).
- You cannot use the Maintenance functions.
- You cannot access the Workgroup Management System (WMS).
- You cannot access the User Management System (UMS).
- You cannot change any user passwords.
- The contents of the database are reset every night.
This site is configured to only support single-byte character set Western European languages (French, Spanish, English, German, etc.). Double-byte and multi-byte character set languages (Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) are supported in our Multi-language Live Demo page.